FC2 Female Condom
FC2 Female Condom's sheath, with its outer ring, is made from a synthetic nitrile. The inner ring aids insertion and helps to secure the device in place during intercourse while the softer outer ring remains outside the vagina. Insert FC2 prior to sexual intercourse to provide protection against HIV/AIDS, other STIs and unintended pregnancies.
FC2 Female Condom® is the only FDA approved female condom on the market. The FC2 is a thin, soft sheath made from synthetic rubber (non-latex) which is worn inside the vagina. There is a flexible ring at each end. The inner ring at the closed end of the sheath is used to insert the condom inside the vagina and to hold it in place during intercourse. The rolled outer ring at the open end of the sheath remains outside the vagina and covers part of the external genitalia. The pre-lubricated FC2 Female Condom provides hormone-free, latex-free protection against unintended pregnancy and STDs. And since you can put it in early, and your partner doesn’t have to pull out right after sex, it can offer interruption-free intimacy.
- FDA approved Class III Medical Device
- The pre-lubricated FC2 Female Condom provides hormone-free, latex-free protection against unintended pregnancy, STDs, and HIV/AIDS.
- FC2 is made of nitrile which is 3 times stronger than latex. No latex smell and perfect for those with latex allergies.
- Both oil and water-based lubricants can be used with the FC2 Female Condom.
- Over 20 years of studies have shown FC2 and its predecessor FC1 to be effective barriers against unintended pregnancy and STIs, including HIV
- A new condom should be used every time you have intercourse.
FC2 Female Condom® is inserted correctly when the inner ring is pushed past the pubic bone. The outer ring and part of the condom is flat around the opening of the vagina, covering the external genitalia. You can check that the condom is in place by inserting your index or middle finger into the vagina past the pubic bone. You can feel your pubic bone by curving your index or middle finger when it is a couple of inches inside your vagina. You should be able to feel that the inner ring is past the pubic bone on the front wall of the vagina.
Most women find FC2 easier to insert with practice.